Support Worker/Social Work Assistant – South Wales – upto £12.45 per hour – 6-12 Month Contract
We are currently looking to a recruit full time Social Work Assistant / Support Worker to work within a Social Work team in the South Wales area.
You will be part of a project team, working through a backlog of cases within a busy service. This role will provide vital experience for anyone looking to dip their toes into Social Work and/or wanting to learn more about the profession while earning on the job.
Interviews happening this week and looking to appoint within 2 weeks.
The successful Social Work Assistant will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- 1 year experience as a Support Worker (preferred)
Salary and Benefits:
- £10.55 p.h - £12.45 p.h, based on qualifications
- Ongoing Training and Career Development
- 6-12 month contract
Requirements for the role:
- Understanding of child protection and safeguarding.
- Previous experience of working in a Children’s social care capacity
- Previous experience of working with challenging behaviour.
- Full UK driving license
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Working on a 2:1 or 1:1 basis with young people and service users, alongside Social Workers
- Maintaining and completing paperwork in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Social Work Team, attending visits, some general admin
If you know anyone who might be interested in the above, we are offering £500 referral bonuses for anyone we place that you introduce to us.
If this is what you are you are looking for, or you have any other questions, please do contact James Fisher on 0161-245-4488 or via email at James.Fisher@Frontlinestaffing.co.uk
Frontline Staffing is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.